Administrators and Permissions
To set up additional admins, go to Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Users. From here you can view and edit existing operators as well as adding new ones. When editing an operator you can change all the details of the operator including resetting their password. It also allows you to see any notes they have made for themselves.
Assigning to Support Departments
To assign an admin to a support department perform the following steps:
- Go to Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Users
- Click the edit icon next to the administrator you would like to assign to a department
- About halfway down the page, you will see a list of all the support departments in the system, tick the boxes next to the ones you want this admin account to be a member of
- Once finished, click the Save Changes button
Only when an admin account is assigned to a department will that admin user be able to view and respond to tickets in that department.
Configuring Administrator Roles
The administrator roles allow you to fine tune exactly what each of your admin users can do within your WHMCS administration area. You can setup as many different role groups as you want and then assign your admins to them as required. As standard, WHMCS comes with 3 default roles - Full, Sales & Support Only.
Setting Role Group Permissions
- Begin by going to Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Roles
- If you want to setup a new role group, click the Add New Role Group link and enter a name for it. Or alternatively if editing the permissions on existing group, click the edit icon next to it
- You will then be shown a complete list of the permissions settings for the group you are creating. Options are provided for each admin area page and for some, individual controls such as whether values can be edited or records deleted are provided.
- You can also set the email receiving preferences - system emails, account emails and support emails
- Once completed, click Save
Assign an Admin to a Role
- To assign an admin to a role, go to Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Users
- Next, click the edit icon next to the admin you want to change
- Now in the Role Group dropdown menu choose the role you want to assign the admin to
- Then click save and the change will take immediate effect