Client Management is a large part of what the WHMCS software does and therefore this is quite a large section of documentation. When viewing a client's details a number of tabs are displayed such as Summary, Profile, Products/Services, Domains... Below is a description of each tab of the client management area to aid in finding what you need. Click the names for an explanation of each available option.
- Summary Tab - an overview of the client's details, some quick billing and service statistics, quick links to many common management actions as well as a list of all their services, domains and addons.
- Profile Tab - contains fields for changing the client's contact details (name, address, email address etc.) as well as a number of other options affecting the billing behaviour of their account in WHMCS.
- ContactsTab - from here one can view client contacts and sub-accounts as well as add or delete them.
- Products/Services Tab - contains details for all a client's services, as well as the ability to edit, upgrade/downgrade, move to another client, delete and run module commands.
- Domains Tab - displays details of all a client's domains, as well as the ability to edit nameservers and whois details, apply and remove the Registry lock, move to another client and delete the domain.
- Invoices Tab - shows a list of all a client's invoices, tools for searching within them as well as options for managing invoices en-mass.
- Quotes Tab - contains a paginated list of all the client's existing quotes, icons to edit or delete an existing quote and a button to create new quote.
- Transactions Tab - contains summary statistics of the transactions made by this client along with a paginated list of all their transactions, icons to edit or delete an existing quote and a link to record new transactions.
- Emails/Notes/Logs Tabs - descriptions of the last three tabs in the client management section; Emails, Notes and Logs.
Below are some common client management tasks you are likely to perform with direct links to the relevant section of the documentation:
- Resetting a client's password
- View/change/remove a client's credit card number
- Merge two client accounts together into one
- Change the renewal date of multiple services at once
- Generate a product renewal invoice early
- Display a different set of contact details on invoices issued to a client
- Create login details for individual staff members of a client's organisation
- Change how much and how often a client is billed for a service
- Cancel a service
- Upgrade or Downgrade a service
- Move a service to another client
- Change a domain's nameservers or whois contacts
- Move a domain to another client